Wednesday 13 January 2016

The Person of Our Lord Jesus Christ: His Exaltation


2. His Resurrection was Unique.
Memorize:
Joh 10:17  For this reason my Father loves me, because I am laying down my life in order to receive it back again.
Joh 10:18  No one is taking it away from me, but I myself am laying it down. I am authorized to lay it down, and I am authorized to receive it back again. This is the command I received from my Father
H. Brash Bonsall
Principal of Birmingham Bible Institue

Why was Jesus' resurrection UNIQUE? [One of a kind]

Others were raised from the dead but they all died again as they came back with the same body. John 11:23. But Jesus resurrection was different Why?
  1. All the others had the same body unchanged.
  2. All died a second time.
  3. All were raised by someone else but Christ raised Himself. John 10:17-18 above.
  4. John 5:26  For just as the Father has life in Himself, so He has also given to the Son to have life in Himself.
  5. Christ’s Life was underived, deathless and life - giving. Cp 1 Corinthians 15:45
  6. Others arose when Christ arose.Mat 27:51  Immediately the curtain of the Sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom: the earth quaked; the rocks split;
Mat 27:52  the tombs opened; and many of God's people who were asleep in death awoke.
Mat 27:53  And coming out of their tombs after Christ's resurrection they entered the holy city and showed themselves to many.
Mat 27:54  As for the Captain and the soldiers who were with Him keeping guard over Jesus, when they witnessed the earthquake and the other occurrences they were filled with terror, and exclaimed, "Assuredly he was God’s son”.
Our Resurrection Bodies will be after the manner of Christ’s Glorified Body. James 1:18
There are also ‘the spirits of just men made perfect’ referring to the OT Saints. Also the “general assembly of the First-born ones whose names are written in heaven. Heb 12 :23
When we see Him we shall be like Him with new bodies. Notes from H. Brash Bonsall, The Person of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment